Ian Credible is a performer who transcending musical genres creates an “Incredible” brand.
With his roots firmly in 12 inch vinyl, his expertise in state of the art technology and use of live synthesis, drums and vocals, Ian pushes the boundaries of live performance, thrilling audience’s across the Globe.
Being a talented musician & highly skilled sound engineer Ian Credible blends these in a force of music and creativity in both his music production and live performances.
Ian Credible has performed at countless clubs, festivals and super clubs around the world such as Amnesia (IBIZA) and BCM Square (Mallorca Spain) for the worlds greatest parties such as “Together” and “CREAM” featuring top DJ’s and producers :
Above & Beyond
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
Paul Van Dyk
Chase & Status
A few Career highlights include:
* Winning the Steve Aoki “Be the DJ” Competition
* Mix Mag Resident DJ in IBIZA
* BCM Square Cream (Mallorca Spain)
* Amnesia Cream (Ibiza)
* Amnesia Together (Ibiza)
* Winning the J&B Music Producer competition
* Featuring on the J&B album – The DJ Dream Team Album – featuring: Ian Credible, DJ Fresh, Euphonik, Black Coffee, Monde, Roger Goode, Craig Massive, Dino Moran, Lady Lea and many more
* Having numerous DJ residencies throughout South Africa
* Headlining countless shows
* Managing Director and Co Founder of DJ4Life South Africa – South Africa’s Top DJ & Music Production School
* Lecturer at The Academy of Sound Engineering
* Certified Pro tools Instructor
About Ian Credible:
March 12, 1985
1. Many people think dj’s are crazy party animals and some think dj’s are geeks who are very technologically inclined. Which category do you fall under?
I’m gonna have to go with both, I go pretty mental at parties plus I’m a complete geek and love chilling at home watching movies, mostly sci-fi or fantasy adventure.
2. What sets you apart from other DJs?
I don’t really refer to myself as a DJ, I’m more of an artist who can DJ well. I guess I just try bring something new every time I perform whether its live instruments or who knows.
3. In your opinion what makes a good DJ a great entertainer?
I believe you need to push yourself and think larger than life, showcase more of your musical talents or be completely unique. I love pushing the boundaries of entertainment because I absolutely love being creative.
4. If you’re not in studio and not at a gig what do you like doing?
I’m very actively involved in growing local DJ’s and music talent’s, but in my free time I keep my self busy with my love for creating pretty much anything.
5. Tell us a bit more about your roots and where it all began for you…
I remember when my love for music all started, I was very young when I got my first guitar, I was handed the guitar with a box full of training books and tabs and told “ Hey learn how to play this thing” so I did ☺ and I haven’t been able to stop learning since.
6. Please complete the sentence If I was not a DJ/Producer I would’ve been a………
An Astronaut! Nothing beats an astronaut!
7. If you could change one thing in the EDM industry on a global scale. What would that be?
Hmmm, more bars for the people ! I always wonder how the people in the front get any liquids at all?
8. Which gig would you give everything to play at?
It would be a toss up between Tomorrowland and Ultra Miami
9. What is more exciting for a dj in your opinion? Playing at a big festival of 5000+ or a smaller intimate, but hyped crowd?
Festivals hands down. The energy you receive from that number of people all in unison is ridonculous!
10. You recently won ‘Be the DJ’ with Steve Aoki! Firstly, congratulations. A great achievement! Secondly, Tell us in 5 points about your experience?
Thank you ☺, where to start?, well between Olmeca, Mixmag and Steve I think all the guys involved would agree that it was extreemly well organized and professional. The setting at Pioneer headquarters in Amsterdam was amazing, the competition was intense, and after battling out with all the exceedingly talented contestants and winning, the overall experience was life changing.
We know a lot about you as a DJ/Producer we do not know much about your personal life and childhood. Tell us more
11. Who was your famous childhood crush?
That would be a play off between Chung lee from street fighter and sonya from mortal kombat!
12. Did you have any weird childhood hobbies ?
Climbing into random peoples houses with my friends and picking fruit from their gardens.
13. What’s your most embarrassing moment when growing up?
Now that I look back, its definitly thinking that GoKu spiky peroxided (orange) hair was cool.
14. What was your favorite kiddies programme?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles no contest
15. If you had one ‘do over’ from your childhood, what would it be?
I have no regrets really, I think being young was the perfect time to play the fool and that’s what I did.
16. Who/What inspires you to do what you do?
My inspiration comes from my love to create, so I make and play music that is unique and hope it resonate with someone out there.
17. In the music industry who is your hero/role model?
To name only a few: Steve Aoki, Nicky Romero, Hardwell. I believe firmly in work ethic, consistency and fun, anyone who exudes these is my role model.
18. What atmosphere do you like to be in to create the best music?
A good working enrvirement can be anywhere nowadays, sometimes I work best in my headphones on the plane on the way to my shows, its really just a spark that happens inside you at any given time and you can’t contain it
19. Complete the sentence: Music is…
Parties can get crazy. You must have many stories to tell…
20. In your eyes, what makes a party?
the right combination of people and music, when the two meet and are unified with one purpose, that’s the perfect party.
21. What was the craziest party you have ever been to?
Playing with Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris in mallorca spain to the hugest and craziest crowd ever. I’ve never seen people go so nuts in my life!
22. In your career you have come across many fans, have you ever had a stalker or something similar? (don’t worry you don’t have to mention any names)
HAHA, nah not that I know?
23. What can your fans expect to see from you in the future? Have you got anything special planned?
I hope to always have something special planned and I guess they can expect to see me trying to push the shows experience for as long as I can.
24. A final message to your fans:
Hope to see you on the dance floor.